The motto of open.cr is: we.help.artists. And that sums up all our efforts.
open.cr is not yet another platform to sell art works, we have no pretensions to be THE internet gallery/platform and to charge commission for sales. No.
This platform comes to help the artist, to make life easier. To the artist.
open.cr is free, as much as possible it will continue to be free. There may be some services that will cost money, but it will be because they cost money to me. And for the record: I am not a millionaire.
I created this platform initially only to make catalogue raisonees, but it turns out to be so useful that I can offer the artist a few more tools and utilities.
The basis of everything is an archive for all aspects of the artistic trajectory:
works, biography, exhibitions, publications, galleries, clients, the market ...
This part is finished ... (it may not be totally finished, but with your help I will make an asymptotic approach to perfection)
In a not too distant future (in THIS galaxy) there will be a series of utilities for the daily management, for the real life of an artist:
- price lists.
- preparation of exhibitions with delivery notes (with images) and prices.
- control of deposits.
There will also be a simple interface to offer your works for sale.
Yes ! I will also help you sell .... but I won't charge commission !
A programmer is working to add an image search of works, with which we avoid duplicities at the time of creating the catalogue of works, on the other hand it will facilitate to all the task of identification:
with a picture (also from the mobile phone) open.cr indicates which is the work in question (with a certain probability ...)
Your art works, not others, very similar ones ...
And finally: all this requires a lot of work.
The effort of entering data, pictures, measurements, titles, pictures, prices, names of people and galleries, remembering exhibitions, dates and publications ... What for ?
The answer is very easy, but not the same for all artists:
The living ones:
- Why enter all data here, when you already have you own website or Instagram/FB/whatever account ?
Because we optimize your data to be found and to be useful to thirds. Nearly all data are translated in 5 different languages, we optimize for top search results.You want to sell more ? Then you need to be found. He concentrate on that.
And unlike all the others - we share what you gather (if you give permission to do so). We will provide you with tools to include your open.cr data on your website ! You update your biography on open.cr, it will show updated inmediately on your website !
- if you are young, you need to take advantage of all the (free) resources on the net to get into the focus of the interweb, means: the more presence, the better. Our platform is totally optimized, free and there are links to social networks.
- If you are not so young any more, before misplacing or forgetting the data, it's better to put it here. Searching for data takes a lot of time and effort. Here they are easily retrieved and do not get lost. If you ared asked for the umpteenth time for the updated biography, here it will be. The list of exhibitions, idem. Bibliography, all ready.
- if you don't speak foreign languages: everything - except titles and free texts/descriptions - is automatically translated into five languages. Someone asked for the list of exhibitions in English ? no problem. French ? idem. Russian ? Wait for it ... it will come some day.
- if you are lazy: after entering all the data (yes, I know. But to save efforts you have to invest first), the queries can be redirected to open.cr. There is everything. Let them download it themselves.
- If you are a Picasso or similar level, means: you succeded
At some point you will want to make a catalogue raisonee. Once you have all the data, you can create the catalogue raisonné. With a click. With Enrique Brinkmann I'm already finishing.
- Someone wants to make a catalogue raisonné of an artist and has to immerse himself in all his documentation?
The problem that I have found myself doing Enrique Brinkmann's catalogue is that there are no efficient tools for data collection. Duplicates are constantly being created. File versions. It keeps images of different qualities. One gets lost looking for ...
And none of the tools help to find bugs.
I have tried to provide lists for the verification of data quality, precisely to help data entry, verification, revision. Whatever you need !